Tuesday 3 April 2012

Forever tattooed ...

While travelling on the east coast, a gorgeous girlfriend sent me some pictures of avant garde art she had seen at the Mona in Hobart and Museum of Contemporary Art in Sydney.
In her generous way, she thought I might like to look at the intriguing artworks.
They were indeed interesting, but were they my art?
Tattooed.  Wim Delvoye


Spiderman.  Stephen Birch




Is the art you love, of a particular style or is it attached to an emotion? Is it a nude given by a lover, or an oil given to you by a parent as your first collectors piece. Is is the bargan that you got at the local market or just a canvas filled with beautiful colours?
Hesling '73.  Way Down on the Swan River




I've always been a fan of water colours. I love the way the brush strokes float across the page then vanish or simply blend into other colours becoming a shimmering mirage.
G. Woey
I've also been a fan of nudes, they are rather evocative, especially outside the bedroom.
But lately, I've become a huge fan of oil paintings. They have a strength and depth about them that draws you in, really studying the artwork and all its dimensions.


At the moment, I'm loving Rachel Carroll, a very talented young Australian artist from Sydney.
Rachel Carroll


Hattah in Flood.    Rachel Carroll
Hattah.   Rachel Carroll

What do you think? What's your favourite art? Andrina x

No comments:

Post a Comment