Thursday 19 April 2012

Happiness in a bloom



George V, Paris

A friend asked me the other day what makes me happy?
My first thought was flowers, they make me smile. I delight in their fragrance, colour and texture and daydream different ways of arranging my favourites in various vases and urns.
On reflecting, I felt very guilty that my first answer wasn’t …the three wonderful men in my life, or my friends and family, but honestly, I adore flowers they truly make me happy.

There is something about a bowl of fresh flowers home-grown or from the market that makes the whole house come alive and puts a spring in my step as I wander past.


What makes you happy?
The faux flowers at Veranda Home and Garden are extraordinary, pop in and have a look.


I buy flowers from:
The Boatshed Market
Jarrard Street, Cottesloe.

Newbies worth checking out:
Nathalie Louise Flower Design
383 Rokeby Road, Subiaco.
Inflorescence
Shop 6 Glyde Street, Mosman Park.
Flower books I love :
Simply Elegant Flowers with Michael George.

Grandiflora Arrangements by Saskia Havekes
Simple Flowers by Paula Pryke
Have a lovely floral weekend.
Andrina x

1 comment:

  1. I love flowers also and think that there is nothing nicer than a house filled with fresh flowers...

    Leeann x

    ReplyDelete